Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Today started off a little rough. When dh left for work, I felt okay at first. Just watched tv and tried to distract myself from the lonely feelings. But that only worked for so long. The house that should have been full of joy and anticipation was instead full of loneliness and sadness. It was also really rainy out, which I typically like, but today made me feel worse. I got a really insensitive email from someone at the hospital, and was annoyed with a friend because of something that probably really isn't a big deal. But everything felt like a big deal.

So I decided I needed to get out of the house. I met a friend for coffee and then she took me out to lunch. It was nice being able to talk with her, and also the sushi was super good. ;)

I went back home and watched a little more tv, but decided I really needed a nap. Dh came home from work and I was still in bed. I planned to get some things tidied up around this house, but that didn't happen. He was okay with it.

We met some friends for dinner at dairy queen (dh worked there growing up and thinks it's just the best! Haha) and we got to share with them about Selah and what happened. It was so nice to be able to talk about it again, and they cried and mourned along with us. Such good friends.

On the way home, we stopped off to see another couple because she had something to give me and we couldn't find a good time. We actually ended up staying until about 11:30. I talked with my friend about her process of ttc (they just started) and some concerns she has. And again got to talk about Selah. :) We talked about how a lot of our friends don't really know what to say or do, since they'd never been in that situation, but how they cared so much. And we know they do. But I told her how important it is for us just to be able to talk about it. And it was good to get it all in the open.

So what started off as a lonely, lousy day turned out to be really wonderful and full of love and encouragement! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment